Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Day in The Life...

- Yesterday the kids didn't have school due to the holiday and enjoyed a day off. We got work done at the barn. Released the new batch of chicks into the chicken room. Fixed some gaps where the hens were escaping every morning to their deaths. Whatever predator we have usually kills early in the morning. We are now locking the hens in at night and letting them out when we go down to do morning chores. Hope this will reduce our losses. Chippy-the-attack-Gopher mysteriously disappeared. All we found was his little ammo belt... guess he got bored and accepted another assignment? LOL
- Went to play practice last night. This time we're doing 'Two From Galilee'- a musical/love story about Mary & Joseph. It will be showing from mid to the end of February. Can't wait!! I was cast as the angel 'Gabriel'- one of my most challenging roles to date. (It's stereotypically given to males) My costume is beautiful! All silver and sparkling with a hood & tiara on my forehead. Will look good with my reddish hair. I SO enjoy doing music!!!
- I've received lots of updates from friends & family recently. Warms my heart! I'm loyal to people from my past. They are precious to me and I'm interested in their journeys! I try to stay in touch & keep the candle of friendship alive. If I don't hear back from those I write to, I start feeling that perhaps they don't want me in their lives anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT neurotic about it, but if all I hear from someone is when they send the obligatory Christmas card, the effort seems a little one-sided. There are few things worse than loneliness & isolation- so I keep reaching...
- It's been 3 wks since I started my workouts at the 'Y'. I'm feeling better- definitely sleeping better! Don't know if I lost any weight, but I go more by how I feel in my clothes than by the number on the scale. Besides, being a recovered Bulimarexic, I'm not allowed to have a scale in my home, lest I become obsessed again. (I will write more about my eating disorder some other time.)
- We ate late supper as a family at O'Charley's. (Kids eat free) We had a wonderful time & really enjoy our children. The older they get, the more we love them! Yes, I miss having babies around, but it's neat watching them form their own personalities, hopes, ambitions & convictions. We laughed, shared stories & good food. It was one of the best evenings I've had in a LONG time. Our waitress came over & said, "You have such a beautiful family! I've been eavesdropping and you guys must really love each other!" Yep, the bond is strong.... thank You, Jesus!

4 comments:

Royce said...

First-of-all, congratulations on getting your eating disorder under controll, that is HUGE. Second, kids are cool, never thought I wanted them, now I have five. I love them all, they keep me sane, and to a large part keep me from falling back into a bacheleor-party-drink-work-hate my job-party-drink-hate my job cycle, wich wrecked my health. And the best thing I did for myself is stay off the scale, I still don't know what I weigh, and don't care ( crazy i know ) I hve lost quite a bit of fat I am startin to see definition in my arms, still have a big-ass belly to deal with but it is coming along.

Trailady said...

Thanks Royce!! I'm glad you aren't in slavery to the scale. WOW- 5 kids! You must have a big heart. I love having 4, but it definitely comes with it's challenges. Last night was honestly one of the best evenings we've had in a looong time. We really had a good time. I love making good memories!! :o)

The SSP said...

Hey, make sure to tell us when you're play will be happening, where it's happening, how we can get in, and all the pertinet info so we can come see y'all do your thang! :)

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

My God! I am just overwhelmed by the huge number of things people do in one day - kids, a farm, a play, numberous websites visited every day.

We're all so different.

The web is so infinite - long to read each and every worthy blog, but time is so finite. Oh, heaven will be great.