Friday, January 13, 2006

The Rush...

I'm an adrenaline/endorphin junkie. I like to exercise because of the way it makes me feel. Aside from all the damage they do, I love the energy of storms! When I was a kid we lived behind a big cemetary. Some people would be creeped out by this, but I really loved it there. It was a quiet place where I could be alone to think or write in my journal. I enjoyed walking among the tombstones reading epitaphs. I was never afraid- it was very peaceful. Sometimes I would sit at a graveside wondering what that person may have been like. Sometimes I would sneak out the window at night when my parents were arguing and go over to the cemetary. One night we were having an awesome electrical storm. I climbed up on top of the caretakers shed, and there I stood with my arms outstretched, in the dark and in the lightening- just daring it to strike me. I felt very close to God! A car came driving slowly up the road, then stopped suddenly, turned around and burned rubber taking off. Guess they caught sight of me up there with the wind whipping my nightgown and thought they were seeing a GHOST! Anyway, I'll never forget the energy rush- I felt so alive that evening! Yeah, it was probably foolish, but I knew it was my Heavenly Father up there and I figured He wouldn't let the lightening strike me, unless it was my time to die. (Due to the miserable circumstances in my life at the time, I really didn't care if I lived or died.)
I get a rush when I connect to Divinity, and I don't have to risk my life to do that. When I take a look in the Bible and see how greatly I am loved it's energizing. It's great to know my sins are forgiven, because I've messed up A LOT and hurt a lot of people! In my living will, I made it clear when I die I want to be buried in the same cemetary I loved as a child. Several friends of mine are already resting there. Now, I hope to be alive when the Savior comes, if not, when the resurrection happens, I want to be there to meet all the people who were buried there. That will be the greatest rush ever!!! :o)

2 comments:

BrainSyke said...

So that little girl could possibly be you on that night!

heheeh

Trailady said...

You guessed right! :o)