Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Life Can Be SO Cruel!

I'm no stranger to disappointment. I really loved my parents, my family and was devastated when at 8, my parents divorced. We moved with our Momma to Missouri- where we lived near her family. My Dad, a truckdriver, would head our direction and come visit every once in a while. Each time I hoped that we would be a family, but he would hit the road again. I begged God VERY hard to put my family back together. Daddy never ceased trying to convince Momma to come back. After 3 yrs, she decided to go ahead and try again, so back to PA we went and eventually they were remarried. My prayers were answered- my family was back together again- how I rejoiced!! But the big joke was on me- 2 awful years later they were divorced again. Within a year's time, both parents were remarried. I was scrambling to grieve the loss of my blood family, while adjusting to the dimension of having 2 new step families, and trying to navigate the confusion of being a teen. It was a lonely, HORRENDOUS ride on the emotional/spiritual roller-coaster, but I made it through... Years later I rejoiced to find out I was pregnant, only to miscarry twice. Joy to despair in 4 months time. We have 4 beautiful children to love, but a part of me always thinks of the 2 we lost. What would they have been like? As I look back now, I see there's a purpose for all the chaos. I wouldn't be who I am today or know the victory I know had I not lived that pain. I have embraced it and moved on...
Still, I can only imagine the devastation the families of the miners must feel- having spent sleepless nights praying, fasting and pleading for the lives of their loved-ones, being told 12 survived, only to find out 1 survived! (Praise God for that 1 precious life!) To go from such intense worry- to jubilation, then come crashing down as the devastating news was received. That's horrible! I hurt intensely for these dear people!! I hope they won't lose their faith. Suffering is caused by the terrible hatred of our enemy, not a lack of love on God's part. I hope those who have experienced terrible loss can recover from their tragedy and be stronger for it. God, this world is SO cruel! How long must we wait for justice down here? How long till we see our loved ones again????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Matthew 24:14And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then, finally, the end will come.

The more we share about his love and forgiveness.. the sooner his return... :-)

Anonymous said...

Terrible isnt it! I hope they will be compensated in some way for what they have went through. I could never be a miner. Dont like darkness and to be underground.