Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Breakthrough Moment...


Last night my husband and I lay in the darkness holding hands and praying. We asked for guidance and tearfully expressed our thanks to the Lord for getting us through a VERY trying year. Then my husband opened his heart and said, "Lord I've been going to church all my life. I don't know why I've never been able to see or accept Your love for me until now. I've sung the words of a simple song all my life, but the truth just never made it past my lips. Now it's beginning to dawn on me that You really DO love me and it's such a beautiful thing..."
I have been privileged to witness a great realization in the life of another person and it's glorious to behold! In our quest for truth & righteousness, may we never overlook the simple message:

Jesus loves me, this I know
for the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
we are weak but He is strong

Jesus loves me, when I'm good
When I do the things I should
Jesus loves me when I'm bad
Doesn't leave me when I'm sad

Jesus loves me, He who died
Heaven's gates to open wide
He will wash away my sins
Let this little child come in
YES, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so...

1 comment:

MovinMan said...

Oh my, what a post. Please pass this on to Jeremy. I know how he feels/felt. "That moment" happened for me the first night of Doug Batchelor's '04 Revival. For the first time, I really broke down and His absolutely, truly amazing love fully washed over me. It's hard to go through the motions that you know you should, but know that the deep motivating relationship that needs to be there isn't what it needs to be. Praise God for His wooing.