Thursday, December 22, 2005

Still NO Tree...

Only 3 days till Christmas and we still don't have our tree up! It's been a rough year & I guess we just don't feel like celebrating. Guilt, guilt, guilt- I want to make it special for the kids. I have done some shopping for them, but it's hard to work up the motivation to decorate the house this year. For one, I really don't like this house. (I got spoiled having lived in the charming Cape Cod we designed & built- loved it, but we had to relocate.) Now, no other house will ever measure up! I don't have many good Christmas memories, having come from a broken family, so I've always looked to my husband to get the holiday ball rolling, but he's totally out of it this year. Our kids all have little trees in thier bedrooms. I bought little strings of lights & garland for them to use & they did a good job, but as far as getting out the big tree, well I'm just totally BLAH! I know it's not about the tree, but it's part of the season and I'm just not in the mood. Isn't that pathetic?! I am happy- as always that Jesus came to earth, but I'm just not very ho-ho-ho. Here's hoping that next year will be better...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Paula,

Tricia here, just wanted to say hello and that you aren't the only one who's feeling blah about Christmas. I miss my family so very much and after moving to a new house, much smaller, this summer, we don't have room for our bigger tree.

Anyway, I am commiserating with you about not feeling that magical feeling.

I miss you and I thank you for sharing your thoughts. I've been feeling lonely and glad to hear another woman's perspectives on body image, busy christmas season, and all that good stuff.

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not the only one to feel blah this year. For the first Christmas ever I will wake up by myself--in a big lonely house with no family. It's been the hardest Christmas season ever for me because of all the changes in my life, including loved ones who are not apart of my life anymore. However, I thank God for the wonderful additions to my life like John and his children and know that as time goes on I will add new traditions and new family to my Christmas season....