Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Heart Cries

I think it's good to understand the beliefs of others, and be respectful of every person- regardless of race, religion, gender, class or status. I have been reading the Koran. In doing so, I find there are many honorable beliefs in the Muslim faith. It is sad that hate-filled radicals have brought such dishonor to the sons of Abraham. How sorry I am to read that our sisters in Afghanistan are still so badly treated! How can men have such little concern for women- treating them as property, keeping them secluded, pregnant, ignorant and abusing them? It hurts to hear reports of the hatred & disrespect these poor women must endure! How can hatred be so strong that Muslim men will execute foreign women who, moved by compassion, come to bring food & medicine to the people of Afghanistan & Iraq? There doesn't seem to be much justice for the wives, widows & mothers in Afghanistan & Iraq. When will this suffering end? I will be the first to say that the US and other "Christian" nations have their faults. However, how can Muslim extremists call the US "the great satan" when they treat each other- their very own wives and daughters with such cruelty? Are they any better?? I think there are many misconceptions on both sides. I do not believe that all Muslims in the middle east are unreasonable, ignorant tyrants. What good are negative stereo-types? I am a US citizen, but I'm not immoral, I don't own a gun or enjoy violence. I don't feel I am better than anyone else. I respect my husband and I am respected- our marriage is a partnership- it's a beautiful thing. As a woman, I want to be treated well, be free to learn, grow, express myself and raise my children to be the best they can be. Do women in the Middle East desire any less? I hurt for the men who have never known the joy of tender, emotional intimacy, those who have never unlocked the treasures of a woman's heart. How do you bring about change & still respect culture? Are the women of Iraq any less deserving of happiness? Does the young girl in Afghanistan deserve nothing better than early marriage, rape and disrespect? How the heart cries!! The following article really moved me:

http://www.rawa.org/herati.htm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear what youre saying. Its hard to know how things really are over there unless you actually visit. The media seem to slant thing the way they want us to think. Be glad you live in a country where women are better treated. Some men beat women here, but overall it's good.

BrainSyke said...

Men and women are the same everywhere. I have travelled all continents but Australia, and lived amognst people. At first glance, the difference in language, dresses, skin colors, hair colors may strike us. But, as human we all behave in the same way. Men and women at worst are the same everywhere: Rape, physical abuses, anger, hate, conspiracy, tribal/community aliengance, pride, honor. Each community commits these and describes/justifies them in language, color, clothes that they know.

We are all one and the same;men and women - shoulder to shoulder; under One and the Only Creator.

BrainSyke said...

At the judicual-level most of the third-world contries are led by those who avoid establishing a system with checks and balances. Corruption among leaders and scandals exists every where; but some nations like ours has a reliable system

Trailady said...

Thank you for your valuable insights!! :o)