Thursday, December 22, 2005

Fully Dressed

I just want to say that I am SO tired of the current fashion trend! We've been looking at guys with the saggy-load in their pants look long enough. Don't really care to see what brand of underwear they are sporting! I'm tired of the skin-tight, belly-button shirts that only the stick-skinny girls look good in. The low waisted jeans hug the girls in their fat zone, so unless you look like a high-fashion model, (I don't) you have a sloppy little bulge above your jeans. YUCK! I don't like high-rise jeans either, so mid-rise are just about right for me. Anyway, before I had babies I was a serious athlete. My body fat ratio was 16%, I was a size 5/6. I could wear just about anything and look pretty good. My petite body was made to move and I was a finely tuned performance machine. Then I had baby #1... my belly was HUGE and on day 3 post-partum my hopes to leave the hospital wearing my old clothes were dashed. Suddenly I went from my streamlined self to looking like a sleepless version of Dolly Parton- my little 26 inch waist was never to be seen again. I continued to evolve & expand with each baby. I have worked hard to maintain my figure and I don't look bad for having 4 kids, but I'm definitely more full-figured than I used to be. This creates a dilemma in the clothing department. I usually buy outfits for the kids- not me, so when cold weather hit this year I found that I had about 4 warm shirts that sorta fit me- everything else was too tight in the bust. So when I got some Christmas money in the mail last night, we headed over to the local mall for some shopping. I bought toys for the kids & some shoes for my man. Then I saw a massive sale in one of my favorite stores & after 45 mins. of torment in front of the fitting room mirror, I walked out with 6 brand new shirts- for a great price! I'm thrilled!! Now I don't have to take 20 extra mins every day going "What on earth do I have that will fit me?" I haven't felt normal or at home in my body since my first pregnancy. It's been 5 yrs since my last C-section and I'm wondering if I'll ever feel "normal" again?? Maybe not, but at least I'll be fully dressed!! :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something to be said for being in great physical shape, we need to strive to be the best we can be. But by the same token, there's no shame in a little weight re-distribution. Most men prefer a fuller figure anyway. A woman who feels comfortable or even confident about their appearance is more attractive than a chiseled body, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

We all have our insecurities and I think even thouse that can wear the low-low rise pants and the skin tight clothes are all insecure about something...
Try to think of all the positive attributes you have.

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER worn those stupid sloppy pants. I know for fact that men in prison let their pants hang low and underwears show to entice other men. You nearly have to do a backbend to get the wallet out of the back pocket, thats why they have a long chain on it so they can reel it in. Skinny women are not attractive in my opinion and none of my guy friends think so either. Dont be afraid to be womanly. Nobody has a perfect body not even the most famous people!