Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

We FINALLY got our tree up. Had a special service at Church today. My kids sang, then my husband & I sang. (There were other people in the program besides us) Then we had a nice fellowship meal & went home. Tonight we had friends over to sing beside the tree, drink my chocolate/mint cocoa and eat finger-foods. We exchanged some gifts & watched the new version of 'Miracle on 34th Street'. It was precious! There aren't many gifts under our tree this year, but I'm glad we are together. We sure do miss our friends & relatives that are spread out all across the country and they are in our thoughts tonight. Now some "friends" & relatives seem like they could care less. Those are the kind I'm not going to force myself on anymore. I've got a really big heart, but sometimes I'm like a cross between an elephant and an eager puppy. I rarely forget people I have known and I just want to love them, but sometimes I think I get on people's nerves and I need to get a clue when people have outgrown me or aren't interested in a relationship anymore. (It's painful, but that's a part of life...) Tomorrow morning, we will get up with our kids, watch them open their presents. I will cook a dinner & friends will come help us eat it. Then it will be over until next year... Here's hoping 2006 will be more prosperous...

No comments: