Saturday, December 17, 2005

Love Cannot be Silent...

You can always tell when a man loves NASCAR- 'cause he talks about it. Jeff Gordan this and Earnhardt Jr. that... It's pretty much all you hear when you meet up with him. I'm glad people have hobbies to enjoy and it's certainly fun to talk about those things. A couple in love will constantly talk about each other whenever they happen to be apart. After 13 yrs. I still love my husband and enjoy telling people about him. What people love is what they will talk about.
After much struggle, heart-searching and prayer, for a brief moment- a window opened for me and I was truly able to see Jesus. A Great Light broke through to my dark, lonely heart. The Bible is coming alive for me! I can't seem to stop talking, writing, singing about Him. I am LOVED and I am in Love with the awesome person of Jesus Christ. He has offered me acceptance when others offer condemnation, healing when the world brings hurt, freedom from the chains of guilt I wore so long. So what do you talk about? What do those around you have to say when you are with them? Are they discussing laws or the God of the law? Are they discussing all the wonderful merits of their religion or the Christ behind their faith? Did you know some people are in love with food? They talk about what NOT to eat all the time. Jesus has brought joy to my life! He is hope, comfort, peace and strength. He died for me and one day He will bring back the loved ones I've lost so I can hold them in my arms again. That's a love worth talking about...

1 comment:

Roseuvsharon said...

thank you for your words. I know some people that always talk about movies. Even at church they almost never talk about God. I've been wondering why I had a hard time enjoying worshipping God when all they are trying to do is tell me about their favorite part of their favorite movie. I need to speak up more about my love for God and worshipping Him in spirit and in truth.