Monday, December 19, 2005

My Christmas Wish...

I've been thinking a lot lately about wishes and I believe in a sense, a wish is a prayer. This has been a really tough year for my family. For starters, because my husbands work was relocating AGAIN, we had to sell the beautiful new house we designed and built after only living in it for 2 yrs. After 6 mos. of searching for a house to buy, we finally found a house that would work for a family of 6. (Not our dream home by any means, but practical) It appeared that it would be within our price range, but we ended up paying 12K more than we originally expected to pay out and ended up being in over our heads for a house we don't really like. Both of our vehicles broke down this year, our heat pump died, our dog broke his leg and required surgery, our favorite cat disappeared, the church we were going to didn't work out, our kids didn't like their new school, etc. Hardest of all, just before New Years last year, Grandpa B. died & we've missed him terribly. So it's been a rough 2005. I know we aren't the only family struggling to get by...
Money doesn't bring happiness, but it sure does allow for more enjoyment in life! Ever since my kids were wee ones, I've wanted us to be involved in the YMCA, but we could never afford it. I would love for my kids to be able to take swimming lessons. I'd love for my little girls to be able to take gymnastics and my boy to take karate. I really enjoy fitness and would love to be able to go workout. Family memberships are expensive and since the nearest YMCA is over the county line, we don't qualify for the scholarship program. If I could have my wish for Christmas it would be that we could become members of the YMCA. What do you wish for??

No comments: