Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Little Girl Lost...

I'm just a little girl who grew up way too fast
One who finds it hard to let go of the past
A lonely soul, in the midst of a crowd
Questioning, seeking, reaching out
I want to rest, need time to play
but those days are over now-- all gone away
A future like ashes, I want to see a flame
Will I ever get ahead in this game?
I want to live what is right, what is REAL
It's so much more than what we know and feel
I resist the pressure to conform- to let go
for I find no contentment in the status quo
My life is a search for significance
Truest Wisdom and common sense
A heart on fire for the Great Love I know
with no time, no money and no place to go
So here I sit writing, when I should be in bed
dreams and disappointments are spinning in my head
They say "If God ordains it, He will make a way"
Surely He is guiding my direction each day?
Say a little prayer for the restless heart in me
I need to stop "dreaming" and simply "be"...

No comments: