Saturday, May 20, 2006

Beauty Abounds...

I received a precious gift from God which I treasure- it's the ability to see beauty in every person. We're all unique and wonderful. Even more than the outer person, a mind & soul are valued. I enjoy connecting on a level beyond small talk & exchanging of facts. Finding good conversation is challenging these days- though every person out there has something beautiful to share. Some of the best conversations I've had were with elderly people- for all their wrinkles & gray hair they are still beautiful to me. Society basically writes them off, but inside those frail, bent bodies are the hearts of soldiers, dreamers, artists and farmers who helped build this country. They are sturdy & rugged or they would never have lived so long...

Few things are more beautiful than a smiling woman. Even if the hair or figure aren't exactly perfect, a lady can be beautiful if she's smiling & kindhearted- not with cheezy put-on politeness, but a genuine heartfelt warmth in her eyes and touch. It's hard for someone to be this way if they've not accepted themselves. There will be no inner-peace until one begins to understand their value. You can't wait for family or even a spouse to affirm you before you accept yourself- their approval may never come. God accepts you- in fact, He's totally over-the-moon in love with you! :o)

There's a lid for every pot. Isn't it sad that we waste time trying to transform ourselves to fit someone else's idea of beauty? Females often go to extremes for appearance sake. They either work too hard & look overdone, or go around with flat hair in shapeless jumpers thinking it's a sin to feel good about themselves. There's a balance. Some people are attracted to skinny, others are attracted to curvy. A lot of people don't like red hair, but plenty do- so I'm okay. Whether your skin is fair or dark, there are eyes out there to appreciate your uniqueness. After many years of trying to be something I wasn't, (tan & blonde) I'm learning simply to be myself. The more comfortable I am in my own skin, the more I relax, the more people seem to appreciate me. No, I haven't magically transformed and I'm not exactly drop-dead gorgeous, but as I dwell on God's love for me, there's a radiance I feel inside and I am free to love others more.

When God looks down on us, He doesn't see wimps & losers, He sees a variety of believers in different shapes & sizes- faith manifests itself differently in each of us and I think He likes it that way. Why waste precious time feeling bad about ourselves, refusing to receive the acceptance of God?? Because of flaws & mistakes, we cower in the shadows covered in fig leaves saying "I'm naked, ugly & unworthy, how can You love me?!" All the while God says, "I don't care, just come to Me and let Me cover you with My love." The power of unconditional love is transforming! To Almighty God, YOU are a beautiful treasure with valid thoughts, feelings and needs. Stop trying to please everybody else and bask in that great love every day of your life... then pass it on...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Trailady! I am kept busy with disaster releif. I havent been able to comment for awhile, but I am a faithful reader of your blog. Im always blessed by the things you say. You are a deep and wonderful person and as always I wish for you the best.

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

God's totally over the moon in lov with u !
Haha. That was cool LOL :)

Cinderella said...

"Because of flaws & mistakes, we cower in the shadows covered in fig leaves saying "I'm naked, ugly & unworthy, how can You love me?!" All the while God says, "I don't care, just come to Me and let Me cover you with My love." The power of unconditional love is transforming! To Almighty God, YOU are a beautiful treasure with valid thoughts, feelings and needs. Stop trying to please everybody else and bask in that great love every day of your life..."
Blissful lines and sheer inspiration.
Never had really looked upon this facet of self-mirroring.It made me happy and a bit more confident taking into account that the day had started with a rather depressive note.
Thnx.I'm gonna be back for more.

Trailady said...

Ajay- glad you liked it. :o)

Hi Cinderella! That is a cool name by the way. Thanks for stopping in- visit anytime.

Trailady said...

Sloopy, I was starting to wonder if you gave up on me! Glad to hear you are still doing humanitarian work. God bless & keep you. :o)

I still think you should have a blog of your own and record your adventures. Think about it...