Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wrestling with God...

Almighty God, can You soothe this restlessness in me?

Can You rid me of this weakness that will not let me be?

Can You show me how to dream, yet live as one content?

Can You show me how to love and teach me to be patient?

Last night I cried out to You, asking for a sign. You answered me with silence- will You speak to me in time?

What are You doing in my life? I try to comprehend... Will You ever bring this time of chaos to an end??

My heart desires to be used for greater good. Help me live each day the way I know I should

Do You have a higher purpose for this pain? Can You turn the tide for my greatest gain?

I'm calling out to you with tears upon my face? Bless me, Great One- save me from disgrace.

Good Shepherd, I am listening, let me hear Your voice...

Strengthen my weary heart to make the right choice.

Lift me up, set my course on the pathway I should follow

I am weak, but I am Yours, Lord, never let me go...

6 comments:

BrainSyke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BrainSyke said...

He hears you and is closer than us than our jugular vein. May He answer your prayers in what is best for you and your family.

I sometime feel that I anxiously become preecher sometimes,I shall try to avoid doing that. I realized my folly when I saw this:

Link

Trailady said...

Thank you, Brainsyke.

I watched the video- interesting. I do think there are very many similarities between the Bible and the Quran. Ishmael and Isaac were both sons of the same father, Abraham. I agree with the man who said we should focus on what we have in common and treat each other respectfully. I watched a couple of the other videos, but found one of them to be quite disturbing. The one with the little girl answering questions. Does being a "true Muslim" mean hating Jews? I disagree with teaching hatred. I do not find the Quran to be a book of hate. Perhaps men interpret it and even the Bible to excuse hatred, but I find both to be books of tolerance. I condemn acts of hatred in Christian, Jew or Muslim. I believe it to be the basest emotion of man to hate one another. Love is greater. Do you agree??

BrainSyke said...

I am glad you enjoyed the video.

Both the men on the panel are Christian converts and the guy with the long white-beared was a priest once, but bot are scholars on Christianity and Islam. The African American gentleman who spoke last in the video is Dr. Bilal Philip, and I think his interest is more in "comparative religion" and debates. Sheikh Yusut Estes does not like to indugle in comparative religion as much even though he is qualified.

I stumbled upon these scholars when I was virtually god-less, and their unbias well-rounded insight on various issues helped me increase understanding about my own believes and the believes of Christians and Muslims.

I do not understand your question. Love is greater than what? hate?

I think Love for "good" deeds and goodness is far greater than "evil" and oppressive deeds, and hate for "evil" and aggressive deeds is far greater than the love for them.

Trailady said...

Brian, Yes, my friends in the Blogosphere have been wonderful! The sign I am seeking right now is a clear sense of direction as to my future.

Yes Brainsyke, very well said. By saying "Love is greater", I mean I believe love is stronger than hatred. :o)

Gingers Mom said...

God be with you during this time. He loves you and He hears your cries. I pray peace for you and your husband.