Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hanging By A Thread...

Reality- what a heavy word.
Can I slip the clutches of this sadness?
Who am I? Will I ever find myself again?
The girl with shining eyes and free spirit is heavy-hearted
I look into the mirror at an aging face.
My prayer "Help me, God" springs forth from trembling faith.
When the door to my wishes seems permanently shut
and the voice of optimism is nearly dead, in quietness I whisper,

"How will I carry on when I'm hanging by a thread?"

I feel so afraid to journey on
when my soul is filled with empty
I am here, God are YOU there?
Do promises die?
Will determination fail me?
I long for greener pastures, to hear the words "well done".
So many goodbyes here. Too many songs unsung.
Words of love are drowned by the chaos in my head.

How will I carry on when I'm hanging by a thread?

I ask for strength, remember me
Memories haunt while passion implodes.
Not used to darkness or being weak.
Out of ideas and energy.
I'm still nurturing- who will nurture me?
So this is life in the real world?
How do we exist fragmented, disconnected?
It hurts to have a heart when it's starving to be fed.

How will I carry on when I'm hanging by a thread?

(Sorry to be such a downer. I'm feeling rather melancholy tonight.)

9 comments:

Sam!! said...

Soooo touching, its so beautiful. I m sorry i copied it from here for myself without ur permission. Its like words expressing my feelings too.

Thnx alot for sharing.

May God bless u n bring u loads n loads of happiness.

Takecare

BrainSyke said...

Thanks for sharing. Thats a beautiful and a thought provoking poem.

Dustin said...

Even in our melancholy state, God is still there and honored in our sadness. Never was there promised to be happiness 100% of the time. Have peace, knowing God sees your pain and sadness.

Andy said...

Use this to draw yourself closer to God. What you wrote is beautiful - and reminds me of many Psalms in which David is crying out to God.

Ask, seek and knock. He's there for you, right now.

Asma said...

very beautiful words.... but just think why we are here,we are created for a specific purpose and that GOD the Most High has given us life in order to test us.HE is always with us in our problems.

God bless u and may vanish all ur problems.

TAKE CARE

Trailady said...

Thank you for the encouragement, my friends. Marc's death hit me hard during a challenging time in my life. Almighty God is Provider, Comforter, Protector but most importantly to me at this time in my life, He is my Sustainer.

Anonymous said...

There is an old Sufi tale of a King who called his wise men to him and asked that some device be made that would make him happy when sad and sad when happy. They took counsel with each other and finally gave the King a beautiful golden ring, on which was inscribed, THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

Trailady said...

VERY interesting, Irving!!

Royce said...

We all make conections with everyone around us. Some influence us and are more valuable to us than we know, untill it's gone. I'm sorry you are hurting.


Irving thank you for sharing that story, I always wondered where that saying came from.