Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Better Focus...

I'm feeling better today. Got up early and went to the 'Y'. Was a beautiful Spring morning- I enjoyed the drive. Love my time at the gym each day!! Spent an hour in Pilates & an hour in Interval Cardio. (The classes I will soon be teaching.) I'm training hard and feel stronger than I've felt in 2 years. My endurance is building and I'm able to work at higher intensity. I am subbing 4 classes at the 'Y' next week- looking forward to it. I choose to dwell on my favorite things and on the good in my life. So here are the things I'm thankful for today:

1) My Health. I'm so glad I'm able to move well. I'm an adrenaline/endorphin junkie. Love to sweat!
2) My Husband. Overall, he's a really good guy and he loves me- even if he has difficulty expressing it in ways I can understand sometimes... and vice versa.
3) My Children. They are each very precious to me. I love watching their distinct personalities develop. They keep me young at heart. :o)
4) Music. Few things in life are more therapeutic for me than sitting at my piano and playing my heart out.
5) My Pets. I'm SUCH a dog person! My Zephyr-boy is a great pal- has a way of lifting my spirits. He's always willing to pay attention to me, play, or go down to the barn with me when nobody else will.
6) Prayer. I don't have all the answers about who God is. All I know is that I enjoy talking to Him- I tell Him everything. I love to praise this Great Mystery that is God.
7) Horses Next Door. Their noises- just the sight of them grazing in the field soothes me. My heart longs for the good old days leading trail rides...
8) My Dreams. Even if they never come true, my life is better for nurturing & pursuing them.

I'm feeling very calm right now. Relaxing in my favorite chair, listening to tranquil music and enjoying the smell of 3 new candles I bought on the way home. The scents: Forest Fern, Vineyard Rain and Springtime Breeze. It smells very sweet & earthy in here. Tonight I will light the candle on the side of my big tub. I will run a HOT bath with bubbles and soak to my hearts content. Life is too short not to count my blessings or to miss out on simple luxuries. I will soon write a post about the things I'm looking forward to.... Gotta pull out of the gloomy rut I've been in. Thank you to all my readers who posted words of encouragement this week. Bless you!!

2 comments:

Royce said...

Completely agree about life being short, and about choosing your state of mind.
Mourning the loss of a friend is perfectly ok also.
Glad to see your feeling better though.

Gingers Mom said...

I will pray for more joy in your heart. As always it is so good that you can look to the blessings in your life and be grateful.