Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Project for Peace...

I am very much eclectic in my musical tastes and am blessed by a variety of styles. One of my interests is Folk music which tends to be very deep and spiritual. It encourages us to examine and improve our human experience and that of those around us. Folk music is very in tune with the human experience, highlighting emotions both happy and sad. I've had the priviledge of meeting David Wilcox and Nance Petitt (husband & wife)- sat in a jacuzzi with them once and have enjoyed their music for many years. Now they have teamed up to make this project for world peace. I think this is very noble of them! I'm excited to hear the new CD which embraces the best of world culture. Check it out:

http://www.cidcm.umd.edu/projects/pic/songs_for_peace.asp

1 comment:

Aiman said...

I love folk music, too. It is the most natural form of music in my view. I can't stand the vulgar rap music! Let me share what Shakespeare said about music: "The man that hath no music in himself, / Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds, / Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils." I think music is not just what we hear. It is a breeze in the soul.